With the increase of mobile and more flexible working, employees aren’t always trapped to working just within the walls of their offices. But where do you go if you fancy a change of scenery from the office or your work space at home?
There are so many great locations to work remotely around London now, with places like WeWork popping up around the city it’s never been easier to create a great work space. We’ve compiled a small list of some of favourite London hot spots which are perfect for all of your remote working needs.
- RHS Lindley Library, SW1P 2PE – A relatively unknown working spot in London. Of course, they offer free WIFI but also if you are in need of a break or some inspiration, there is plenty of reading material around
- Scandinavian Kitchen, W1W 7PP – Unusual café serving the finest Scandinavian delicacies. They do insist on a fair usage policy here, so don’t abuse the free WIFI without purchasing anything throughout your stay.
- The Barbican, EC2Y 8DS – work in one of London’s most famous art venues. Enjoy working in the coffee shop and if you’re in need of a break you can always make the most of one of their free exhibitions.
- The Canvas, E1 5JL – free WIFI, chilled background music, urban feel and homemade food. Express thought and creativity by writing on the walls.
- Bishopsgate Library, EC2M 4QH – a completely free, quiet place nestled away from the noise of London. A great space for peaceful working, equipped with free WIFI access, daily newspapers and current affairs magazines.
- The Wren, EC4V 4BJ – this one is perfect for the early risers. Opening at 7am, tucked away inside St Nicholas Cole Abbey church.
- Hanbury Hall, E1 6QR – A great historic building dating back to 1719. Free WIFI available from the street front café, just around the corner from the famous Brick Lane. There is also an upstairs area if you require a quieter working space.
- Southbank Centre, SE1 8XX – This probably one of our favourite places to work on a sunny day. With a number of cafes to choose from the Riverside Terrace Café is our favourite. Fresh seasonal lunches and great coffee.
- The Prince Regent, SE24 0NJ – Sometimes you can’t escape having to work into the evening. When this happens why not put yourself in traditional, gastro-pub settings. Just make sure you’ve not got your laptop open during quiz night!
- Coffee Plant, W11 2EB – Break away from the usual style of a Notting Hill café with this little gem. A real welcoming atmosphere in the heart of Portobello market offering the usual snacks and locally roasted Fresh coffee.
- Camden Coffee House, NW1 9PD – Come here for great quality coffee and teas. They have a few locations scattered around London but this one is our favourite.